It’s currently not possible to directly change your Spotify username or display name within the program.
A workaround for this issue is to connect your Spotify account to Facebook, which you can do from a computer or mobile device, or to try contacting Spotify’s support team.
Connecting your account to Facebook will override your current Spotify username and replace it with your Facebook name.Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Unfortunately, it’s impossible to freely change your Spotify username — but there is a workaround.
The current working solution to the issue is to connect your Spotify account to Facebook. This will replace your original Spotify username with your Facebook username. And whenever you change your Facebook name, your Spotify name will update to match.
You can make this change from either Spotify’s desktop app, or from the iPhone and Android mobile app. Here’s how.Check out the products mentioned in this article:MacBook Pro (From $1,299.99 at Best Buy)Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (From $299.99 at Best Buy)iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)How to change your Spotify username by connecting your account to Facebook on a computer
1. Open the Spotify app on your Mac or PC.
2. Click on the downward-pointing arrow next to your profile picture and name in the upper-right corner.
3. Select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
Access your settings. Marissa Perino/Business Insider
4. This will take you to your settings page. Scroll down until you find the “Social” section, where you’ll see a blue button that reads, “Connect to Facebook.” Click this button to begin the process.
Click “Connect to Facebook.” Marissa Perino/Business Insider
5. This will open a pop-up. Enter your email and password to use your Facebook account.
6. Click the “Log In” button to link your accounts.
Enter your Facebook information. Marissa Perino/Business InsiderHow to change your Spotify username by connecting your account to Facebook on a mobile device
1. Open the Spotify app on your iPhone, Android, or other mobile device.
2. Tap the gear icon in the upper-right corner to open your settings.
Tap the Settings icon. Marissa Perino/Business Insider
3. Scroll down until you find the “Social” tab. Tap to open it.
Tap “Social” to open the menu. Marissa Perino/Business Insider
4. Along with toggles to switch certain settings on and off, you’ll find the “Connect to Facebook…” option at the bottom of the page. Tap this.
Connect your account to Facebook. Marissa Perino/Business Insider
5. A pop-up will appear announcing that Spotify wants to use Facebook to sign in. Tap “Continue,” which will automatically open Facebook in an Internet tab or its mobile app. Enter your login information if prompted to connect the accounts.You may be able to change your Spotify username without Facebook by contacting Spotify
If you don’t want to connect your account to Facebook, you may be able to contact the Spotify support team to help set up a new account with the same email.
A representative may be able to help transfer your information to a new account, where you can create a new username. This will save your playlists, the music saved to your library, and the people you follow.